EIGHT CONDITIONS THAT MUST BE OBSERVED BEFORE ONE PERFORMS SALAH (NAMAAZ).
1. To make Wudhu if necessary.
2. To make Ghusl if necessary.
3. Taharah (cleanliness) of body and dress.
4. Taharah (cleanliness) of place.
5. Facing towards the Qiblah.
6. Covering of the Satr (private parts).
7. Niyyah (intention) for Namaaz.
8. Performing Salaat at the prescribed times.
If any one of these conditions is omitted, Salaat will not be accepted.
Notes: A Males satr is from the navel to the knees (including knees.)
A Females satr is her entire body except her face and hands to the wrist.
Taharah (cleanliness) means one be free from all Najaasate (Filth and Impurities).
There are two types of Najaasate which we will cover in the next post inshallah.
Ps. This and a lot more is covered in the book Taleem-Ul-Haq
Check it out: